Mike,

I used a fitbit for a while last year (It broke and I haven't replaced it
yet). As of around October of 2013, there was no easy way to sync it using
Linux. I mainly would reboot my laptop into Mac OS to get the syncing done,
though towards the end my phone became my source of syncing (Nexus 4). Many
of the most popular iPhone and Android devices can sync. Here's the
currently supported list: http://www.fitbit.com/devices