On Sun, 6 Apr 2014, B-o-B De Mars wrote:

> I've been running OpenElec for about a year and a half now.  I really like
> it.  It is built from the ground up for only running XMBC.  I run it on a
> Raspberry PI, and store everything on a NAS.

I have a similar setup in my treadmill room - PI running XBian.

> I had no issues setting up a remote.

Oh it "works" out of the box. I'm talking about assinging keys to do
different things. This is trivial with MythTV and mplayer. For example, I
like the Skip button to go forward 10 seconds, I want FFwd to skip 60
seconds and I want another button (I use 3 right now) to skip 10 minutes.
Trivial with mythtv, fairly trivial with mplayer/lirc, insane pain in the
butt with XBMC. Especially since I have a bunch more of those (:

If XBMC let me use an external video player I could just use the setup I
alreadyhave for mplayer, but noooooooo...