That's interesting to hear about your problems with plex, thanks for tempering my happiness :) as I've never had a single problem. I've also only just started really using it recently (about a month or so). I have not really used it for mp3 collections yet, mainly because I've been using another front end system for that for many years already but every movie and tv show I've thrown at it has been perfectly handled.

When was the last time you've tried it? It seems to be under active development, possibly some of your functional issues have since been resolved.

-------- Original message --------
From: tclug at freakzilla.com
Date:04/06/2014  9:56 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: TCLUG <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] PVR suggestions?

My problem with Plex was that the frontend is basically XBMC. I can't use
XBMC as my main media frontend because music playback on it is horrible
(playlist support is... not really existant) and reassigning remote
control keys is an insanely horrible ordeal.

Not sure what the frontend is like on Android or other platforms, but
since I don't really need to stream videos to my phone, and my tablets can
just mount the NFS shares...

I've also had terrible problems with Plex misidentifying a lot of my
media, even when there is metadata and I store it in the directory
structure they recommend...