Hah. Apple Mail autocorrected "speediest.net" ,… dammit it did it again: speedtest.net.

If you're on DSL and you're streaming more than 2 things you're likely going to have issues…. how do your pings start before the slowdown? can you keep a steady ping of 8.8.8.8 (google's DNS server) going and see?