Just in case you're not already familiar with it, GRAMPS is open source, too.

I believe that it has a GEDCOM import module.

As for me, I'd love to move my mother off of an ancient copy if Family Tree Maker. The sole roadblock is that it prints custom "books" that have consistent pagibation and an index for names across all of the "book. "

GRAMPS is almost there, but I would love to hear of any other open source genealogy app that will do this.

Although he's since moved, one of the main developers was living in the Twin Cities for many years while at UMN.
https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sessionid=3856487518568448&as=false&rs=false#public-profile/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fpub%2Falex-roitman%2F15%2F84b%2F922

Thomas