I'm glad to be reading this discussion of ZFS vs EXT4 vs XFS vs etc.
I've been considering NAS4Free (FreeBSD-based) & ZFS for a home file
server. I'm not in the 16TB class yet, and fast access wasn't as much
of a driver for me as reliability and no data corruption. I've had
trouble with silent data corruption before so that aspect of ZFS was
what I considered most interesting.

The negative side of ZFS was the amount of RAM it needs with large
drives. I wanted to use an old P4 with maybe 512MB of RAM, but ZFS
really wants a couple GB to do it right. So I'll be out in the weeds
reading the mail to see what the options are. :-)

Doug.