BB as well as Galaxy S3 has calling over UMA (wifi) on T-Mobile too which worked well for local calling when I was traveling internationally so my calls were all considered local to my family and colleagues back home.

-------- Original message --------
From: Ryan Coleman <ryanjcole at me.com>
Date: 10/11/2013  5:03 PM  (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Personal Tech: T-Mobile Hands Consumers a Pleasant Shocker

You're welcome.

Easy way to check is take the cover off any double duplex power outlet (2x2 - but turn off the breaker for that circuit first) and take a look. Or look at the wet wall pipe access (usually there, just a cover you can remove) and if it's an open hole through to a tub (like my parents) you will see the material the walls are made of. Pretty slick quick-check.

TMO might work better because some of their phones, like many Blackberry models, support calls over WiFi and mobile radio - but this applies to most of those BBs (my 9300 I had on TMO and am unlocking right now supported that.