On 10/17/2013 8:46 PM, Andrew Dahl wrote::
> I do XFS development for work, so my bias says XFS :-)
>
> It's actually going to be the default filesystem on RHEL7 and has
> comparable performance to ext3/4 (except it scales)
>
> But yeah, ZFS wouldn't be a bad choice.

I took your advice, and used XFS on a 18TB filesystem (hardware raid 10)
that I plan on using for backup storage.  I've been busy as of late at
work so I haven't put this box into production yet.

I have noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of disk activity
while the box just sits there idling.  Is this normal for XFS?

The box is Centos 6.4 minimal install.

Just curious if this is normal before I go poking around looking for
answers.

Thanks!