On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, Ben wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  I do keep one Windows box for the odd program that won't run on Linux.
>
> That's what VMs are for =)

Yes, but I've had occasional problems.  I was using VirtualBox and left an
XP instance running for awhile, and forgot about it, but it eventually
took down the whole system!  It's safer to get it out of the Linux box
altogether.  I value the stability of Linux, but running Windows inside of
Linux jeopardize that.  I still use XP in Vbox sometimes, but with
trepidation.  I prefer to use a separate machine with some kind of remote
control between them (e.g., VNC) and sharing of disk drives.

Mike