What little I understand, very good reference I would like to study.

I followed the links to the physics prof. you liked, and he is doing a
little biophysics and climate as well. The water infrared is interesting
to me having done my research including water biophysics up to 100,000
psi. A gimmick I push to spritual types is how water is a semiconductor
(just like silicon) with acids and bases as proton donors and acceptors.
It turns out a protein/water surface defines a transistor circuit, with
nanostructures in the protein. Control Data described my thesis "Protein
and Dynamically ReConfigurable Liquid Crystal Microprocessor." A lot can
follow from fundamental physics; the then head of biophysics, Otto
Schmitt copied a nerve signal and is known for digital electronics. When
I introduced him as father of digital electronics at a meeting and threw
around some Schmitt trigger ICs he said, "boy I wish I had patented that
thing." Who knows where your science curiosity will take you??

Currently I'm pushing forestry and different agriculture for new biofuel
types and climate. And I'm too old to learn new programming languages,
so I stumble with FreePascal (that can use any C header) and Tcl on
linux and love it. A lot of stuff in the Mpls. paper today about biofuel
and agriculture I want to read.

I once knew a guy who said he had projects planned until he was 200
years old. He didn't finish either.