Hello, folks. :)

I had a CATAstrophe this evening where my friend's cat did the two-step on
my keyboard. Somewhere in her keyboard smash, she managed to do something
really funky with the desktop. As far as I can tell, she managed to
uninstall Cinnamon, or at least break it to the point where I can't do
anything with it.

I have tried restarting the computer, and also Cinnamon via the run
cinnamon --restart command. Nothing has any effect. I am backing up data in
case the final answer is to reinstall the OS, but I am hopeful that won't
have to happen. I am especially hopeful because I am supposed to be
mentoring newbie devs tomorrow in the mysterious ways of "documenting your
code" and I kind of need to be online for that.

Anyone have any ideas? I am stumped.

Kat