I've been using old WiFi access points for this purpose.  Nearly all
of them will work as Ethernet hubs or Ethernet switches, even when
they start getting really flakey as APs.  There are a _lot_ of people
with them in their basements or junk drawers.  Many of them will let
you turn off their radios to save a few watts.

Thomas