I should note that most times nowadays you don't need a power converter -
just an adapter. CHECK YOUR DEVICE, obviously, but most things now will
take 110-240volts, so they'll work anywhere, but you still need an adapter
for the local-style plug.

Other than that, if you plan on using your cellphone you might want to
make sure it's an unlocked GSM phone. You can get a SIM card in Italy
that'll be way cheaper than using your phone there with the American card.

Take only what you need, and try not to flash it all over the place. Might
want to set up a VPN if you use a lot of American services that are
blocked outside the US (like Netflix). Also for privacy.