On 11/06/2013 01:22 PM, tclug at freakzilla.com wrote:
> You can easily put together a new mini-itx system that'll happily run
> the latest Linux desktop software for under $300. Source: I just did.
>
> What are you planning on running on the thing? Unless you're doing
> REALLY heavy stuff you should be fine.
>
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2013, Tom Poe wrote:
>
>> Hello:  Time for me to think about purchasing used desktop that can
>> handle latest linux software. How old can I go?  Less than $200 price
>> range still reasonable expectation?  Any thoughts appreciated.
>> Tom

Well, googled mini-itx and scanned over site.  Looks techie to me. I
mostly do email and watch msnbc videos, but would like to set up webcam
video production so I can make youtube rants about current events to
keep me occupied through the winter.  Graphics apps and webcam
configuration desired.  I checked with Minco in St Cloud, and they have
a couple HP desktops with XP on them.
Tom