I'm glad you are on the list, Paul.  You definitely fixed the problem you
were having with your mail system.  We tolerate some off-topic messages
and this one was a mix.  You have to think, "If everyone sent a nice
message about every holiday, what would happen?"  We'd have too many such
messages.  That's why we avoid doing that even though we might all like a
message like that -- it's just not a good use of the list.  Of course, it
gets worse if we all reply with a "me too" or an argument starts up about
whether we should be talking about this in the first place.  You get the
idea.

Regarding the digests -- the problem is with the searching the archives,
which are here:

http://archives.mn-linux.org/pipermail/tclug-list/

So if someone is looking for info on a certain topic, but entire digests
are repeated in the archive, they will find the same thing over and over
again, which makes it harder to find the particular info they are
searching for.  That doesn't apply only to those of us on the list, but to
anyone searching the web for info who comes across our archives.

Mike