On Thu, 16 May 2013, Paul graf wrote:

> Mike have you ever used 'opendiana' I am curious about that operating
> system as well as 'Solaris'.

No.  In fact, I hadn't even heard of it.  Maybe that's because I've been
using Linux instead of Solaris for several years and really not thinking
about going back.

Solaris was a more stable solution, but Linux is really stable, too.  If
you really need something that's always on, never failing, a Solaris
server might be better for you than a Linux server.  It's not a big enough
difference to matter to me, though, and the advantages of Linux are more
important to me.

Mike