Erik, no.  By the time that squad car was responding the suspect was
already dead.  This happened a block away from where I live.  This type of
response is reckless.  Hitting that motorcyclist was a mistake and the
crazed response was not warranted.  By the time that line of squad cards
flew down the street there was no longer any threat.  They hit a citizen in
service of an overreaching solidarity with fellow officials.  Said
solidarity may be a benefit, but not reckless response.