In case there are others out there like me, who love the old programming
opportunities Linux offers, here are some web pages maybe worth copying
into a text editor that provides 4 space tabs. (the 8 space tabs in the
HTML is silly, but the tabs are worth preserving)

> http://www.sytekcom.com/eng/Freepascal_XForms_Units.html

> http://www.sytekcom.com/eng/Freepascal_XForms_Demos.html

The first set of files adapts the XForms library to FreePascal. You will
need the XForms library and FreePascal installed, and need a file
"cursorfont.inc" provided in the FreePascal distro source of their
ancient XForms Unit.

The second file contains some demos. The usual buttons and menus are
included. But the different canvas demos are interesting to me. The
XForms library does include Image and OpenGL capability not shown.

It seems to work great on current opensuse 12.2 and freepascal 2.6.2,
and IceWM.

I realize it isn't internet television with hi-fi stereo. But for a guy
who grew up during tube AM radio, and learned to program with punch
cards, this is pretty great stuff on a $100 used computer from ebay.