On Thu, 21 Mar 2013, Jake Vath wrote:

> That's pretty neat. What are you guys doing with Tourque?

Most of what we do is a bunch of simple association tests of hundreds of
thousands of millions of genetic markers with some trait in around 7,000
subjects.  Every job will do something like 5,000 of the tests and make
some output, then we combine the output files into one file when all the
jobs have finished.  We have ten 12-core compute nodes, so 120 corse, with
32 GB RAM per node we can access 2.5 GB per core and run 120 jobs at once.
So using the Torque PBS (free software, I believe) on the CentOS system
with Rocks, we'll launch hundreds of jobs at once and they'll use all 120
cores until they're all done.

Most of the work is done in R.

Mike