Ok, this is... I feel like I really should know this by now, but...

When I do a mkfs -c -v on a new filesystem, I get this while it's running:

   Running command: badblocks -b 4096 -X -s /dev/sdg1 732566384
   Checking for bad blocks (read-only test):  51.39% done, 3:23:10 elapsed.
   (0/0/0 errors)

Note the 0/0/0 errors part. Also note that it takes about 3.5 hours to do
50%. Therefore if I have, say, several of these drives, I run a batch and
don't sit here watching.

Which means that when the mkfs process is done... it doesn't tell me
anything about how many errors there were. At the end, I get this:

   Running command: badblocks -b 4096 -X -s /dev/sdg1 732566384
   Checking for bad blocks (read-only test): done

Now, does this mean there were NO bad blocks and no errors? Or does it
hide them somewhere? Is there a command that'll tell it to just display
bad blocks (if any) or tell me if there are NO bad blocks?

TIA!