On Sun, 17 Mar 2013, Paul graf wrote:

> I have been in search of a distro that does not have the Ubuntu 12.10
> Unity Dash spyware.

I didn't realize the Dash was "phoning home," but here's more about that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unity_(user_interface)#12.10_Amazon_controversy
http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/10/13/145217/stallman-on-unity-dash-canonical-will-have-to-give-users-data-to-governments

I've been using Ubuntu for a few years and am reasonably happy with it.
Some of the recent changes were not good.  I think I would like to not use
Unity.  I'm sure it isn't hard to install other window managers and use
them.  Is there a good source for info on how to do that?

In Solaris about 12 years ago I had it running OpenWindows, KDE or Gnome,
depending on which I selected.  That must be easily doable in Linux, too.

Mike