On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, Chuck Cole wrote:

> [...]

I searched for it very broadly, also using site:logitech.com in google,
then searching the logitech site by hand in various ways.  The only info
seems to come from users asking questions.  Maybe it wasn't distributed in
the US?  I don't know what's up with that one, but it didn't turn up as
much as you'd expect.

>>> The Logitech model K400 has a much bigger touchpad plus conventional
>>> switches below it.
>>
>> Yes, but that is not bluetooth, just wireless.  I need bluetooth to be
>> able to use it with the smart phones.
>
> Oops.. my mistake.  Likely there is a bluetooth variant or that they
> include a bluetooth dongle.

I thought they had one that looked like that and used bluetooth - I
thought I remembered one from Micro Center, but on the web, I don't see a
bluetooth version.

> Some product info isn't clear that their wireless is by an included
> dongle that actually is bluetooth compatible, thus not necessary.

It does seem to be hard to find exactly the info I want about these
keyboards.

>>> A Dell model looks promising also: Item # 190808896980
>>>
>>> eBay seems to have several good possibilities found in a search for
>>> "bluetooth keyboard"... many duds tho.
>>
>> That one doesn't have the required built-in touchpad or trackball and I
>> see no indication that it can pair with multiple devices.
>
> Seems to have some sort of "joystick-like" control, which is why I
> included it.  I looked at a big blow-up photo..  but not really sure.

I also saw that and zoomed in on it and wasn't sure what it was.  Maybe it
could control the mouse cursor.

>> Thanks, Chuck, for looking it up for me.  It looks like you found the
>> same thing I found -- that they aren't quite serving my needs, yet.
>> It's strange because in my crazy view of things, this is something
>> *everyone* should want right now!  ;-)  IOGEAR is close, so I guess
>> I'll stick with that for now, but it is annoying that I can't seem to
>> scroll with it. Maybe I need to try that again.
>
> Multiple device pairing is likely a standard bluetooth feature, From
> what I think I saw, a closer look at these or other products seems
> appropriate. I might even contact Logitech support with questions
> including "compare to IOGEAR".  The IOGEAR one did not seem as good as
> the others.
>
> Hope this helps..

I think I might try to call the companies to see what they say.  At least,
if they don't make such a thing, enough calls will persuade them to fix
that.

Regarding multiple device pairings, the IOGEAR keyboard specifically
states that it does multiple pairings, like it's a big deal, and they say
that it does up to 6 pairings.  Other devices I look at don't say anything
about it, which makes me think they do only one.  Some of them say they
only work well with a certain bluetooth receiver dongle.

Mike