On 03/09 12:47 , gregrwm wrote:
> twm is tiny, simple, and easy.  i like that.  but that's only the
> beginning.  i like that i can place active window icons anywhere on
> the desktop, focus unstolen by appearing windows, title bars that
> don't span the whole window width, vert zoom, horiz zoom, left zoom,
> right zoom, top zoom, bottom zoom..
>
> does another window manager have many, or even any, of these features,
> or could one be configured to have them?

I used FVWM for years for the same reason (and it had a much less hostile
UI). I'm currently on KDE, but mostly because of the B-II theme with it's
auto-moving and auto-resizing partial-length titlebars.

I wish someone would put the titlebars from the KDE B-II theme into FVWM,
along with the circular menus from piewm. I'm not enough of a coder to do
that tho, or I would have done it years ago.

'welding' windows together (either on the edges side-by-side or overlapping
with partial-width titlebars serving as tabs) is something a few WMs have
(pekwm I think) but I would love to see more commonly. Tabs should be
handled at the WM level, not the app level.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator