UDT is not a replacement for TCP or UDP - it is a data transfer protocol
built on top of UDP, with some additional TCP-like features to aid in data
integrity (negative ACKs to be specific).

I've never used UDT, so I can't speak specifically about it. In general,
though, my feelings on technologies like this is that they're great to
consider, if and only if they would solve a specific problem you're having.
This isn't something you'd want to put into production just for the fun of
it. If you have a very high-speed network, say 10Gbps+, and you're
schlepping a *lot* of data around, it may be worth implementing.