B-o-B De Mars :

> Probably the best option going forward if your looking for 99.999% up
> time is to lease some rack space in a colocation facility.  They
> typically have multiple power sources, battery, & generator backup that
> can run for days without external power.

I'm not keen on those.  One corrupt employee with a flash drive and
my business is compromised.  (I'm not condemning Ed Snowden...
he seems like a decent guy from what I know of him.)  I'm looking
for economical steps I can take in a do-it-yourself environment.
That battery powerpack I mentioned might be a step in the right
direction. I don't think I'd try to cable/chain it because of potential
problems with doing so.  I'd just have to manually start using it.  And
something like that is needed for the bike generator option.  So if in
the future I decided to literally ride out the storms, I'd have one of the
pieces I needed.

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises

"G-d is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;"  Psalm 46