I did have it working successfully at one point, Yaron.  It took a lot of
fiddling, but ultimately didn't require use of a PIN (explicitly, anyway).
 I wish I could remember the details, but it was a couple of years ago.
 The Bluetooth on my Dell laptop started to deteriorate at some point after
that, and I just said screw it and started using it with my Macbook Air
instead.

>From what I remember, what ultimately worked was some combination of
someone's experimental PPA, Synaptics drivers, cloves of garlic, and
witch's blood.