I told my wife she should get a 2GB memory stick for her netbook and would
install it for her.  I had done this on my own Asus EeePC netbook, so how
hard could it be?  Well, it was a huge hassle.  It might have taken me 30
minutes to do it, which is surprisingly fast considering the complexity
of the operation.  Thank goodness I had this video to show me the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3w3jvJIpA

Just be sure you keep very close track of which screw goes where because
they are almost all different lengths.

Basically, you have to disassemble the whole darned thing, remove the
keyboard, the HDD, WiFi and motherboard to get at the RAM.  I did it and
it worked, but that was not what I would have wanted.  I won't buy a
laptop/netbook that doesn't have an easier way to upgrade memory.

Mike