The current version of Ubuntu server has a minimum requirement of 128M
according to the website.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/SystemRequirements#Ubuntu_Server_.28CLI.29_Installation

I've never tested Ubuntu with that little ram but I have been consistently
using it on VMS with 500MB and it works very well in that environment.