I was wondering if anyone has any experience with setting up LACP
(802.3ad dynamic link aggregation) & a bridge for use with KVM.

I have a HP ML370 with 2 x gigabit nics that I installed Centos 6.4 &
KVM (virgin run with KVM). To keep it simple I just configured 1 nic,
and setup a bridge (as the docs recommended).  This setup worked fine,
and I am using QEMU on a separate Slackware box to admin the guests.  I
was able to access the host & the guests no problem.

I would like to take advantage of both nics on the server & would like
to setup LACP (bonding mode 4) + the Bridge.  I am no stranger to LACP,
and all my servers with more than 2 nics are setup this way.  No problem.

The problem I am having is getting the bonded links to work with the
bridge.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I currently have the bond 4
working, and can confirm on the switch that LACP partnership is active &
up.  I cannot ping/access the guests anymore, and the guests (using the
bridge) cannot access anything.

Here are my config files:

	ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no

	ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no

	ifcfg-bond0
DEVICE=bond0
USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
BONDING_OPTS="miimon=100 mode=4"
IPV6INIT=no
IPADDR=192.168.12.240
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.12.1
DNS1=192.168.12.35

Up to this point bonding works, I can ping the host, and the host can
access outbound.

When I originally configged the KVM bridge I called it br0, so I would
like to keep this name so I don't have to redo everything.

Some of the docs online mention I need to setup a tagged vlan on the
switch for this config.  Is this true, do I really need a vlan?
I did setup a tagged vlan (vlan11), and added the following ifcfg files,
but no dice.

	ifcfg-bond0.11
DEVICE=bond0.11
ONBOOT=yes
BRIDGE=br0
VLAN=yes

	ifcfg-br0
DEVICE="br0"
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=none
NAME="System br0"
IPADDR=192.168.12.240
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.12.1
DNS1=192.168.12.35
VLAN=yes
STP=on

So, do I really need a vlan setup on the switch for this config?
If not I suppose I can ditch the ifcfg-bond0.11 config file, and remove
the tagged vlan from the switch?  If this is the case, can I simply add
BRIDGE=br0 to the bond0 config, and remove the VLAN & STP from the br0
config?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mr. B-o-B