Ok, I understand people misspelling my name when all they've done is heard
it, but it's right up there! You only need to cut and paste! (:

Anyway, yeah, PGP is... it can be weird, especially if you're using
webmail. It used to be a lot of fun but frankly I haven't used it in
years. Even on the enterprise level, it seems to have switched over to
s/mime based encryption (PGP was nice but there was a real cowboy
mentality about it).

There is a handy PGP cheat-sheet here:
http://irtfweb.ifa.hawaii.edu/~lockhart/gpg/

Since you want to use webmail, you'll have to do a LOT of stuff manually.

On a sidenote - I /hate/ math, but even I can appreciate the elegance of
the whole RSA symmetrical private/public big prime number thing which PGP
is based on.