On Tue, 23 Jul 2013, Ryan Coleman wrote:

> I think the only thing "super" about this is the marketing ploy getting
> people to buy them. :)

I thought the superness derived from the idea that one could put many
together, fairly inexpensively, and get a lot of cores for low cost:

http://adapteva.myshopify.com/collections/parallella/products/parallella-cluster-kit

If you run a real supercomputer, you will pay a *lot* for power, but this
little bugger can't be using all that much.

For my work I have been using real supercomputers and need a few gigs of
RAM per core, but I could probably figure out ways to get the work done by
writing my own C programs to process the data with much less RAM per core.
If I were doing that, I can see how this little thing might work for me.

Mike