> I'll defend the on line approach more by saying that I think
> it's more interesting technically.   I prefer working on servers
> and clients as opposed to other kinds of software.

I prefer developing online software too, but Adobe's new licensing isn't
actually online software.

"Photoshop CC is a program that you download to your computer and run from
there -- exactly like previous Photoshop versions. Nothing changes in the
way it works with plug-ins."

The only part that is online is the licensing manager.

If they actually found a way to get native/locally installed performance
that photographers expect out of a web app, that would be really
interesting technically, but just switching to an online license manager
and subscription model...not as much.

--
Michael Moore