I have, but didn't see anything.

Since I had to reboot to an accessible system I think the logs to look at
would be

/var/log/dmesg.0
/var/log/messages.1
etc.

I think they get rotated on boot.

It could be that the Flash thing was the problem. I had two hard crashes
this morning (but none for the last 3 or so days). Since I removed flash I
haven't had any problems. I'll still set up kernel dumps tonight though,
just in case.

-- Michael
Michael