On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Max Shinn
<max at bernsteinforpresident.com>wrote:

> On 1/30/13, Erik Mitchell <erik.mitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've run into this problem a few times. When I plug in a USB mass
> > storage device, such as my Kindle or my iPhone 4, it will show up as a
> > device and I can mount it, and everything is great.
> >
> > However, if I unmount it and unplug it, and then plug it in again, it
> > isn't detected by the USB system. I have tried different cables to no
> > avail.

Do you actually unmount it? I've had this problem with regular USB devices
when I've just pulled the device without unmounting.

When you insert it again does dmesg tell you that the device has been
detected? If it does, can you mount it manually (with the mount command)?
--
Michael