Susan cried from the depths of the abyss...

> I'll be interested to see whether or not businesses convert to Win8. I still see XP regularly, primarily in the financial industry, it seems to me, because they are often running legacy software.

Small shops might move to win8, but I don't forsee Win7 going away anytime
soon.  Much like XP was with 2003, Win7 & 2008r2 play nice togeather.  I
feel this pair will be around the enterprise area many years to come.  I
would imagine those XP machines you see out in the wild will soon be Win7
and not Win8.

> I've repaired units running Win8 but haven't played with it... I appreciate any input here...

I ordered a copy of Win8 the first day it was released.  I have been
running it as a VM on my office PC eversince.  Once I figured out the
whole desktop mode thing it wasn't too bad.  I don't have a touch
screen to use so I can't comment on that part, but the OS itself isn't
to bad.  Win8 is all amped up for the "Cloud", and that doesn't interest
me at all.  For work purposes I still like win7 over win8 myself.  I have
no plans of moving our PC's at work to win8.