On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, Erik Anderson wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Susan <susan.dawn.stewart at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When I was onsite at a major software company recently my customer said
>> his company will not be putting Win8 on any of their computers, he said
>> it's "totally incompatible with a corporate environment due to the
>> touch-screen interface."
>
> FUD, FUD, FUD.
>
> It seems there are a *lot* of people making rash judgements about
> Windows 8 based off of a few sensationalist "reviews", and before
> they've had a chance to try it out for themselves. Do you actually think
> Microsoft would release an OS that is "totally incompatible with a
> corporate environment"? Really?

Microsoft's pointy-haired bosses are fully capable of releasing an OS that
has enormous problems.  They'll sell it and take the money.  They'll fight
the inevitable law suits.  Does this work for them?  I'm not sure, but
they've done it anyway.  You probably know that I'm talking about Vista.

Here's a story about a guy named Mike (not me)...

"Mike buys a laptop that has a reassuring “Windows Vista Capable” logo
affixed. He thinks that he will be able to run Vista in all of its glory,
as well as favorite Microsoft programs like Movie Maker. His report: “I
personally got burned.” His new laptop — logo or no logo — lacks the
necessary graphics chip and can run neither his favorite video-editing
software nor anything but a hobbled version of Vista. “I now have a $2,100
e-mail machine,” he says.

"It turns out that Mike is clearly not a naïf. He’s Mike Nash, a Microsoft
vice president who oversees Windows product management."

That story and two other similar ones can be read here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/09/business/09digi.html

The original memos revealed in court:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/2008/02/27/full-text-microsoft-execs-on-vista-problems/

Mike