On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew Dahl:
>
> > Oh nice!
> >
> > I used to forgo preupgrade and just manually do it through yum.  (point
> > new repos, install the latest release, yum, rpm, and then do a yum
> > update... wait an eternity and reboot.)  I only used preupgrade... maybe
> > twice (~3 years ago) and wasn't satisfied with it.  Sounds like fedup
> > fixes what dissatisfied me though.
> >
> > I think I'll go ahead with fedup tonight on my work laptop to check it
> out.
> > Thanks for the tip, Kathryn!

I wound up getting a number of kernel panics on a server that
I had used fedup on.  I tried a few things like yum distro-sync
to remedy things, but they didn't help.  So I ended up doing a
fresh install of Fedora 18 and that has lasted longer now
without a crash than the version with fedup.  I wouldn't
recommend fedup at this point.

Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises  -- we write code and we write code good.
http://webEbenezer.net        651 251-9384