I looked at the computers at Office Max yesterday and got to see Windows 8.  It's rubbish!  How are you supposed to do anything?

As a Linux user, I've been so spoiled by the user-friendliness of Linux Mint, Puppy Linux, and antiX Linux.  Windows 8 is even worse than Unity.  I felt completely out to sea.  There were some Windows 7 computers there as well, and Windows 7 (at least in the configuration I saw) didn't look that different from Windows XP, the last Windows OS I have significant experience with.  I can't imagine how anyone who likes Windows XP or 7 will like Windows 8.  Anyone who objects to Unity will hate Windows 8 even more.

Microsoft today reminds me of General Motors during the Malaise Era.  Windows Vista was Microsoft's Chevy Vega.  I expect Windows 8 to go down in history as Microsoft's Chevy Citation, Cadillac Cimarron, or Oldsmobile diesel engine.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>