Andrew Dahl:

> Oh nice!
>
> I used to forgo preupgrade and just manually do it through yum.  (point >
> new repos, install the latest release, yum, rpm, and then do a yum
> update... wait an eternity and reboot.)  I only used preupgrade... maybe
> twice (~3 years ago) and wasn't satisfied with it.  Sounds like fedup
> fixes what dissatisfied me though.
>
> I think I'll go ahead with fedup tonight on my work laptop to check it
out.
> Thanks for the tip, Kathryn!

Thanks for the tip also.  I used fedup on two machines now.
The biggest thing that tripped me up was that they are
using something called firewalld in Fedora 18.  That took
me hours to figure out unfortunately.  I also lost my firefox
bookmarks.  Not a big deal, but would be nice if that didn't
happen.

--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises -- so far G-d has helped us.