On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, Chuck Cole wrote:

> I live in the USA.  Have little need to look at the rest of the world,
> Your liking the "minority spec" doesn't make it a great choice for everybody
> else.

Wow. Again, CDMA is by FAR the "minority" spec, worldwide. Most US
carriers never bothered upgrading their infrastructure, although they ARE
working on it. And when they switch, you'll be the one who has to change
phones.

Either way, though, most cell carriers in the US treat people fairly
horribly. The aforementioned phone-locking, for one. Charging for
incomming SMS/MMS and phonecalls is also something that doesn't happen
other places.

I'm glad you're happy with your phone and service, and I'm not at all
trying to get you to switch or anything. Nowhere in the conversation was
anything like that mentioned. But when you say GSM is the minority and
that you can switch CDMA phones between providers, sorry but that's just
not true.