On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get Comcast to extend their
> promotions?

I did once, sort of.

When I signed up, there was a 6 month offer. They didn't show up on the day
they were scheduled to, so I got on their chat support to complain and they
said they would extend their offer to 1 year for the inconvenience.

After 6 months my bill went up, and I had to call and say "hey, what about
my 1 year?". At first they said they never would've offered such a thing,
then they reviewed their chat logs, said I was correct, and gave me the 12
months on the promotion.

I know Comcast gets a lot of complaints, but they've been pretty good to me
here in Fridley (minus the setup issue mentioned above).  I check every
months or so, and the only real alternative is DSL, and that ends up being
more expensive for similar packages.
--
Michael