On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, Mike Miller wrote:

> However, I just discovered Wifi Analyzer for Android, which I put on my
> Nexus 4 and my Kindle Fire Cyanogenmod.  It definitely seems to work and
> it's nice to have it on a small, portable device.

I should mention that it shows wifi channels for all the access points.
I didn't even know there was such a thing as a wifi channel.  There are a
lot of nearby access points on my channel.  My clever neighbor, a computer
pro, has a channel that is shared by no one.

Now I want to figure out how to change the channel on my router.  Maybe
it's in the admin setup at http://192.168.0.1/.  Yep.  It was under
Wireless settings, Radio settings.  Very simple.

After changing the channel, the Wifi Analyzer showed the shift to the new
channel and I think it showed a higher signal strength.  Maybe it's
actually a signal/noise ratio, so moving to an unused channel decreased
the noise level.

Mike