Susan,

Do you have a wireless router?  They are dirt cheap if you don't.

If you are tech savvy, try shutting off the the wireless on the clear
4g modem and connect the wireless router's WAN to the ethernet port on
the clear 4g wireless modem.

Then anything you connect to the wireless router should work.  Ubuntu,
mac os x, or Windows.

Please only attempt that if you know a bit about networking.

Just an idea.

Thanks,

Matt