You need to plug in a new drive of equal or greater size,

create on this new drive a partition for each raided partitions(if you
RAIDed the partitions rather than the whole disk) that is at least the same
size as the original partitions, at it simplest you can try something like:
sfdisk -d /dev/sda | sfdisk /dev/sdb

now you can add the new disk partitions to the raid array:

mdadm --add /dev/<array> /dev/<new partition to add to the raid array>

mdadm --detail /dev/md0(or whatever) will give you more information about
the raid array, which will help you determine which partition will go into
which array.

for hardware raid, that is dependent on the raid controller.