>> You're close minded and, please, stop.
>
> Only closed to invasive and intrusive things, not all.
>
> Toss YOUR prejudices and incorrect presumptions.

Objectively speaking, it is very difficult to get information in a
timely manner from Twitter without a Twitter account.  There is one
account on Twitter I "follow" via RSS, however they are dropping
support for this in a few months.  I have many reasons for not getting
a Twitter account; most of them personal reasons that are irrelevant
to this discussion.  However, it is difficult to call a company that
refuses to even support RSS/Atom feeds "open".

Speaking to Facebook, of which I am also not a member for personal
reasons, it bothers me when organizations call their Facebook pages
their "websites".  In most cases, I cannot access additional
information about these without being a member of Facebook.  I have a
hard time understanding how one would call this "open".