I do not know if either of those applications exist -- I have not looked
into it. If they do exist, they do not seem like the type of application
you would need root access to install or use -- neither of them requires
escalated privileges to run.

You only need root to do things that a regular user is prohibited from
doing -- things like modify the network routing tables, open low ports,
modify the / partition, or remove the vendor provided bloat-ware.

Jeff