On 2/14/13, Nicholas Korsakov <Nicholas.Korsakov at mwcia.org> wrote:
> My Brother printer model is: MFC 7860DW.
> I currently have Mint Linux 14 (Nadia), with KDE.

I don't have experience with that model in particular, however one
thing you might want to watch out for is a "feature" in KDE4 dealing
with setting up printers.  After spending hours trying to set up a
printer in KDE4 a few weeks ago without success, I noticed this
checkbox labeled something along the lines of "Send print jobs to this
printer" that was disabled by default.  Why this would be disabled by
default is beyond me, however checking it made the printer work.

Just something to try if the postscript driver doesn't work.
--
Max Shinn
max at BernsteinForPresident.com