Have you considered rsync (which would only transfer changed files) or
using find/xargs?

Rsync has a --min-size flag if you can use that instead

You could use any ftp client and the find command. Here's an example
looking for all files larger than 2M in /home and listing them with
ls:

m at m:~$ find /home -type f -size +2M -print0 | xargs -0 ls -lh

--
Michael Moore