On Sun, 10 Feb 2013, gregrwm wrote:
> i am dumbfounded that, tho cp, du, and rsync have -x and find has -mount, rm
> -r lacks such a feature, leaving us to either manually check for mounts within
> a tree, script it, and/or suffer the loss, eg when forgetting to use said
> script!
>
> my most recent forehead whack follows using /tmp/foo as a quickie mountpoint,
> neglecting to specify ro, and a few days later wondering where the data went..

Actually the version of rm on my machine has
--one-file-system
(it should have  -x  assigned to that option IMO)

Of course, that would imply using such an option which I could forget just as
easily as forgetting I had temporarily mounted something.
I think I will quit mounting things in /tmp. :-)

Gerry

--
Gerry Skerbitz
gsker at skerbitz.org