I'll not make untrue claims, but I'm a Biophysicist, not farmer, and not
a good one anymore.

I did part of my grad work with Otto Schmitt, who invented digital
electronics, was involved with Medtronics, etc. He was a good friend
when nobody believed in the possibility of the internet.

I've been in rural Minnesota and now find National Security policy
mandates so-called advanced or cellulosic biofuels. The oil companies
are complaining they don't know where to buy it.

Linux has some remarkable programs that now design molecules. Avogadro
is one, gromacs another. You might have seen screen-savers using
"protein data bank" structures.

With all the concern of climate and jobs, and oil depletion, Minnesota
has opportunity like few other places.

But it will take more courage than complaining to build a new industry.
Maybe linux adventurers have some ideas to share.